Teleus collects Personal Information primarily to supply customers with the products and services ordered from it and its related companies. We will only collect Personal Information where the information is necessary for Teleus to perform one or more of its functions or activities.
Personal information held by Teleus can include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, phone numbers including landline and mobile, email addresses, bank account details, credit card information, occupation, drivers licence number and any Teleus login details and passwords. It is up to you whether you choose to supply personal information that we request from you however if you decide not to provide certain personal information we may not be able to provided you with the services you wish to ensue with Teleus.
If you choose to elect an Advocate or Authorised Representative as part of your service with Teleus you may need to provide us with personal information about that person such as name, date of birth and the relationship that person has with you. If this is the case we rely on you to inform that individual that you are providing their personal information to Teleus and to advise them that if they have further questions they can contact Teleus for further information.
How Teleus collects personal information
Teleus collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone, email or in application forms or when you submit your personal details through our website
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your authorised representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- when legally required to do so as under the Telecommunications Determination 2000
Teleus also collects and uses Personal Information for secondary purposes including:
- Billing and account management
- Business planning and product development
- To provide individuals with information about promotions, as well as the products and services of other Teleus companies and other organisations.
Teleus will notify individuals of the matters listed below before collecting any Personal Information:
- The main reason that we are collecting Personal Information
- Other related Uses or Disclosures that we may make of the Personal Information
- Our identity and how individuals can contact us
- That individuals can access the Personal Information that Teleus holds about them
- Individuals should contact our customer service department if they wish to access, correct or alter Personal Information collected by Teleus
- Organisations to which we disclose Personal Information to
Where it is not practicable for Teleus to notify individuals of all of the Collection Information before the collection of the Personal Information, Teleus will ensure that individuals are notified of the Collection Information as soon as possible after the collection.
How Teleus uses your personal information
Teleus will obtain an individual's consent for use of non-sensitive Personal Information for Secondary Purposes at the time of collection. Teleus will not use Personal Information without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date.
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and Also, your personal information is collected so that we can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing and email). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us, to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please call 1300 Teleus NUMBER..
When we disclose your personal information
Teleus may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Teleus. Teleus may Disclose Personal Information to related or unrelated third parties if consent has been obtained from the individual. This will include obtaining the individual's consent for Disclosures made under the credit reporting requirements of the Privacy Act. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you. These organisations carry out our:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing and telemarketing
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. Teleus will take reasonable steps to ensure that its contracts with third parties include requirements for third parties to comply with the Use and Disclosure requirements of the Privacy Act and ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations.
In addition, Teleus may disclose to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation)
If a Disclosure is not for a Primary Purpose; is not for a related Secondary Purpose; or upfront consent has not been obtained, Teleus will not Disclose Personal Information otherwise than in accordance with the exceptions set out above.
QUALITY AND ACCURATENESS OF INFORMATION
How Teleus ensure accuracy of information
Teleus takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. We will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its collection and storage practices to ascertain how improvements to accuracy can be achieved. The accuracy of this personal information depends however to a large extent on the information you provide Teleus with. It is important that you contact Teleus to let us know if any of the information we have collected is incorrect or if any of your personal details have changed
HANDLING PERSONAL INFORMATION
How Teleus handles your personal information internally
Teleus requires employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with Teleus's legal responsibilities in relation to privacy. Teleus will take all reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records containing Personal Information are stored in facilities that are only accessible by people within Teleus who have a genuine "need to know" as well as "right to know" basis Teleus will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its information security practices to ascertain how ongoing responsibilities can be achieved and maintained.
How Teleus transfers personal information overseas
If Personal Information must be sent by Teleus overseas for sound business reasons; Teleus will require the overseas organisation receiving the information to provide a binding undertaking that it will handle that information in accordance with the Australian National Privacy Principles, preferably as part of the services contract.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You can access your personal information
Teleus will allow its records containing Personal Information to be accessed by the individual concerned in accordance with the Privacy Act. Teleus will correct its records containing Personal Information as soon as practically possible, at the request of the individual concerned in accordance with the Privacy Act. Individuals wishing to lodge a request to access and/or correct their Personal Information should do so by contacting Teleus in writing at the contact details listed below. Teleus reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 1300 Teleus NUMBE> between 8.00am and 8.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that this number is for general service enquiries so when calling in regard to Privacy please ask to speak to our Privacy Liaison.
Changes to this document
Similar to our other policies we regularly review and edit this document so as to ensure its effectiveness and accurateness. We do so at the discretion and may do so without notice. The latest version will be available on our website http://www.teleus.com.au/ and when we do make changes to it the changes will be posted on our website.